Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Weaning: Hard for Baby, or Me?


Weaning: Hard for Baby, or Me?


I took a small break from Everything Green Home blog to wean my baby from the breast. Well, I didn't actually mean to take a break, but something peculiar happened. Baby took right away to the bottle. He had no trouble adjusting to the medical grade silicone nipple.

The problem arose for me rather than him. I found I began to have what I assume is labeled "the baby blues." Suddenly, I was a bit downcast for no apparent reason. I kept thinking, "He's never going to nurse again." I was highly unmotivated.

This was peculiar since I had anticipated a bursting forth of my new found freedom from the constant demands of nursing. And yet, that was not what happened at all. I was sad to see this stage of bonding between me & Baby coming to an end. To add further injury, Baby seemed to be utterly disinterested with the breast and even seemed to prefer the bottle. Oh, woe is me!

Now that stage act is over and we are both right back on track. Also, I love my Green to Grow Bisphenol A-Free & Phthalate-Free bottles. I have no worries about plastic leaching when I pop a ready made bottle in the microwave in the middle of the night. Next big adjustment, sleep through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment