Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday's Green Parenting Tip


Tuesday's Green Parenting Tip

I recently started my baby on solids. I bought organic rice cereal to start and I've now moved into introducing veggies as well. The first veggie I fed him was organic peas from a jar.

I was cooking a yam for myself and thought, "Why am I feeding Baby veggies from a jar when I have fresh stuff like this?" Baby's next veggie, a Yam, of course. I stirred in some filtered water to thin (adding breast milk is probably best). Baby loved eating Yams with Mommy. Next on the menu, Avocados.

So, Green Parenting Tip:

Make your own fresh baby food. Simple, healthy, no wasted packaging or processing and no preservatives or other added garbage.


Thank you mbrubeck for the use of photo under Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment