Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Most Important Thing to Know about Composting


The Most Important Thing to Know about Composting



Actually, this might be a question for me rather than a statement.

The most important thing to know, for me, is how to keep the critters away. I have a compost pile just like the one my mother had when I was a kid. Unlike the one my mother had when I was a kid, mine gets literally ravished by the local band of raccoons. I can't keep the goods composting long enough to get any of that wonderful compost material to use on my veggies and flowers. It really is a sad case. But I refuse to get one of those clunky compost contraptions. Call me stubborn.


Truthfully, the most important thing to know about composting is to keep at it!

It's a wonderful learning experience and greatly rewarding to see table scraps nourishing your beautiful roses or snap peas. Plus, it greatly reduces the amount of garbage you have to haul to the dump, or the curb, for you city dwellers.
So, if you haven't started one, get to it. And if you don't have the outdoor space for a pile, go for a compost bin. It really is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment