Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let's Talk Hair & Nails





Let's Talk Hair & Nails


Just because we go green doesn't mean we want to sacrifice all the products that make us even more beautiful. I wanted to share 2 products that most women still want to use but may not have easily found an alternative. So Ladies, let's talk hair & nails.


My son uses my hair routinely as a pulley; pulls himself put, swings it around, systematically examines and proceeds to shove my hair into his mouth. As I understand, my baby is not the only hair swinging gymnast. I grew concerned about styling my hair. If a flyaway strand of hair got into my mouth, the products would make me spit. I can only imagine what I would ingest if I used my hair as a pacifier or chew toy. Therefore, I stopped styling my hair for a time...let's just say it wasn't a good idea, cousin IT.

In my desperate search I found Dr. Bonner's Magic Organic Fair Trade Hair Creme. Everything Green Home criteria is as follows:


  • USDA certified Organic
  • Fair Trade certified by IMO
  • Not tested on animals
  • 100% Post Consumer Recycled Bottle

It is great for Leave-In Conditioning & Light Styling. It was light and fresh in my hair. Although, I don't recommend Baby ingesting this product, I do feel much better about using it when I know it's organic & I can actually read the label.



The next wonderful product I discover, and I mean wonderful, is a Water-based fingernail polish. I searched high and low. I hadn't painted my nails in over a year. Before I even decided to implement green living my nail polishing days were plagued with headache causing fumes and my husband insisting I go outside when I wanted to paint my nails. AS IF! Regardless, I knew I needed an alternative once morning sickness kicked in.

I found a product out of Canada generated by a concerned parent. Currently, the French Manicure set is available. I painted my nails while Baby was on the couch and my Pug was wiping her doggy eye boogers on my pant leg. No fumes and no objections from Family! Plus, my nails dried quickly and finally looked great. Everything Green Home criteria for this nail polish is as follows:

  • Water-based & chemical-free!
  • No phthalates & No parabens
  • No formaldehyde
  • No toluene & No alcohol
  • No acetates & No acetones
  • No FD&C dyes--Earth pigments used

Everything Green Home has these great products to offer for those of us ladies who still want Stylin' Hair & Nails!



First Photo: Thank you Uh...Bob for use of photo under Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment