Saturday, March 21, 2009

What is this...the Green Bible?



What is this...the Green Bible?



Is it some kind of new doctrine introduced to the church? Or a new environmentalist slant on the Holy Scriptures? Has an agenda infiltrated what we hold sacred?

Absolutely not! So what is it?...
The Green Bible. It isn't a new Bible at all, but rather, a green lettered Bible that highlights all the scriptures that refer to God's creation. The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible is used for this new Green Edition.

For studying God's Word, I prefer the New King James Version with the words of Jesus Christ in red letters. For prayer, I prefer the Amplified Bible. For an easy read through, I prefer the New International Version. How appropriate to have a Bible emphasizing God's creation when I want to be totally awe inspired by God's wonderful creative power!

I intend to get this Bible for two reasons: First, I don't have a New Revised Standard Version of the Bible in my study resources. Second, I want to study how God views His creation. I intend to view God's creation as He views His creation. And let's get real, I'm too lazy to go through and mark ALL the scriptures regarding creation.

The responsibility amongst green Christians is to be good stewards of God's creation and practice what I've heard called
Creation Care. This is a more natural and simple way of life. It is respecting our God and His creation, the earth and the fullness thereof. I find this highly valuable.

Growing up amongst the most beautiful rural images within the United States, the Redwood Forest, I highly value seeing evidence of the Creator within His creation. Even still, all parts of the earth hold the divine mark of the Almightly Creator. Even more reason to respect the planet upon which we live.

Can you think of a time when a sunset or a mountain view or some other marvel in nature inspired such awe that it could only be visible evidence of the presence of God?




Photo: Thank you Daniel & Carla for the use of this picture under Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment